Implementing and administering employee benefit plans has become increasingly complex as tax and health care laws undergo constant change. Our expertise enables us to anticipate problems and assist our clients in navigating through the maze of regulations and technical requirements. We are able to couple our technical benefit plan expertise with our legal and practical labor relations experience to provide optimum solutions.
We offer a full-service approach to our clients, in all facets of executive compensation plans, employee retirement plans, welfare benefit plans, stock option and employee stock ownership plans, fringe benefit plans, multi-employer Taft-Hartley funds and non-qualified plans, including design, drafting, administrative advice and representation before the Internal Revenue Service, the United States Department of Labor and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
We also represent trustees of multi-employer plans and provide assistance to contributing employers on payroll audits and withdrawal liability matters.
Our Employee Benefits Group is uniquely qualified to serve the needs of our clients. They have created and assisted with the implementation of executive compensation programs, retirement plans, welfare plans and non-qualified plans for many different types of employers, taking into account each employer's needs and culture. They assist companies in developing strategies to assess the short and long term cost implications of benefit programs and balancing those objectives with the interests of employees, collective bargaining considerations, regulatory requirements and tax consequences.
By working with our clients to understand their human resources and business objectives, our Employee Benefits Group helps establish an overall framework that meets each clients' immediate and long term needs. They are able to efficiently design and implement an employee benefits program that makes sense from both a cost and operational viewpoint.
News & Resources
News & Published Articles
- Laner Muchin Attorney Wesley Covert Discussed Analyzing Health Care Medication Costs at the Chicago CHRO Leadership Summit06.05.2018
- Laner Muchin Attorney Bill Nichols Discussed Legal Trends in Retirement Benefits at the Plan Sponsor Council of America National Conference (PSCA)05.03.2018
- Chad Degroot, 03.16.2018
- Wesley Covert, 01.15.2018
- IRS Extends Deadline By 30 Days To Distribute 2017 Forms 1095-B and 1095-C To Employees And ParticipantsWesley Covert, 01.09.2018
- Wesley Covert, 12.21.2017
- Chad DeGroot, 11.22.2017
- Chad DeGroot, 10.24.2017
- Chad DeGroot, 09.13.2017
- Wesley Covert, 08.22.2017
- Wesley Covert, 08.22.2017
- Wesley Covert, 06.23.2017
- Wesley Covert, 01.30.2017
- Wesley Covert, 12.19.2016
- Employers Need To Be Aware Of Potential Pitfalls Of Providing Opt-Out Incentives To Company Health InsuranceWesley Covert, 11.29.2016
- Employers Could Face Scrutiny, Including From Immigration And Customs Enforcement, If They Cannot Produce Valid Social Security Numbers On 1095-C Health Insurance Forms For ACAEileen Momblanco and Wesley Covert, 11.29.2016
- Wesley Covert, 09.30.2016
- EEOC Issues Final Rules Regarding Workplace Wellness Programs To Better Align HIPAA's Employee Wellness Program Goals And EEOC's GoalsWesley Covert, 06.03.2016
- Department Of Labor Audits Are Focusing On Plan Procedures For Locating “Missing” Vested ParticipantsWesley Covert, 04.20.2016
- Employer Facing Potential Liability For Allegedly Reducing Worker Hours To Avoid Affordable Care Act PenaltiesJeremy Edelson, 03.03.2016
- Wesley Covert, 03.03.2016
- Applicable Large Employers Should Determine Their Full-Time Employees For ACA Purposes And Prepare For Reporting In 2016Wesley Covert, 11.18.2015
- Wesley Covert, 11.18.2015
- Wesley Covert, 10.05.2015
- Court Finds That Plan Administrator Should Comply With Qualified Domestic Relations Order Issued After Retirement Plan Participant's DeathWesley Covert, 09.16.2015
- Wesley Covert, 08.24.2015
- Wesley Covert, 08.05.2015
- Wesley Covert, 03.31.2015
- Wesley Covert, 03.10.2015
- IRS Issues Final Forms And Instructions For The New Reporting Requirements For The Employer Shared Responsibility MandateWesley Covert, 02.17.2015
- Unanimous Supreme Court Decision Eliminates Presumption That Union Retiree Health Benefits Are Vested For LifeWesley Covert, 02.06.2015
- Antonio Caldarone, Wesley Covert, and David Moore, 01.20.2015