Michael joined Laner Muchin in 2015. He concentrates on representing public and private sector employers in numerous areas of labor and employment law, including collective bargaining negotiations, grievance and interest arbitrations. He also represents employers before administrative agencies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights and the Illinois Department of Labor. Additionally, he represents public employers in representation petitions and unfair labor practice charges filed before the Illinois Labor Relations Board and National Labor Relations Board.
Michael has tried fifteen jury trials to verdict, both in state and federal court, and he has successfully argued in the Illinois Appellate Court and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIP, PUBLICATIONS
- DePaul University College of Law: CALI Award Winner - Legal Writing, Journal of Sports
- Law and Contemporary Problems - Periodicals & Articles Editor, Business Law Society – Vice President of Communications & Marketing
- Villanova University, Dean’s List
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Michael handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Negotiating collective bargaining agreements on behalf of management for bargaining units.
Defending employers in arbitrations and mediations.
Defending employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Counseling employers on numerous federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
Conducting corporate investigations on behalf of employers on a broad-range of topics, including investigations of alleged harassment, retaliation, discrimination and other matters.
Representing management in numerous cases before the National Labor Relations Board, the Illinois Labor Relations Board, the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and labor arbitrators.
Drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and personnel policies.
Training management on discrimination and harassment matters.
News, Events, and Publications
- Counseling and Transactional
- Labor Management Relations
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2003
Villanova University, B.S., Finance, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Trial Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois