Our attorneys represent employers with contested Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) disputes before the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, corresponding OSHA state-plan adjudicatory agencies and appellate courts. We assist employers in responding to OSHA complaints, inspections or whistleblower allegations.
Below is a representative sample of the types of services we provide our clients in connection with OSHA matter:
Assisting employers in responding to informal inquiries from OSHA relating to employee complaints alleging workplace hazards to demonstrate employer compliance with applicable requirements and to avoid further inspections on these issues.
Defending employers from whistleblower claims asserted by employees pursuant to Section 11(c) of the OSH Act.
Representing employers during informal conferences with OSHA or equivalent state agencies for the purpose of negotiating the withdrawal or reduction of citations and the reduction or elimination of penalties.
Representing employers in contested citations before the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
Preparing employers for possible inspections following the report of a serious injury or workplace fatality in order to help demonstrate the employer’s compliance with applicable safety standards.
News & Resources
- Recent Court Decision Finds That OSHA Can Search Employer Histories As Far Back As Necessary To Issue Citations For Repeat ViolationsPeter Gillespie, 02.23.2018
- Peter Gillespie, 12.28.2017
- Update Alert: OSHA's Deadline For Submitting 2016 Injury And Illness Data Electronically Extended To December 15, 2017Pete Gillespie, 11.27.2017
- OSHA's December 1, 2017 Deadline For Submitting 2016 Injury And Illness Reports Electronically Is Upon UsPete Gillespie, 11.22.2017
- Peter Gillespie, 09.13.2017
- Peter Gillespie, 08.22.2017
- Peter Gillespie, 06.23.2017
- OSHA Reasserts Its Position That Employers Have A Continuing Duty to Maintain Accurate Injury and Illness RecordsPeter Gillespie, 01.30.2017
- Peter Gillespie, 12.19.2016
- Peter Gillespie, 09.30.2016