Our attorneys advise clients regarding whether to have employment agreements, with whom they should have such agreements, and the terms of such agreements. The types of agreements we draft and advise upon include executive employment agreements, arbitration agreements, mediation agreements, severance agreements, non-compete agreements, confidentiality agreements, cash advance agreements and many others.
Below is a representative sample of the types of services we provide our clients in connection with Non-Compete, Executive Employment and Other Agreements:
Determining the extent of restrictive covenants necessary to protect our clients from unlawful competition and solicitation.
Advising clients as to whether they may properly engage potential employees subject to non-compete agreements.
Enforcing restrictive covenants through injunctions and other legal actions.
Defending against the enforcement of overly broad or otherwise arguably unenforceable restrictive covenants.
Advising clients regarding the terms and conditions appropriate in C-Level and other executive employment agreements.
Advising on executive compensation matters.
Drafting arbitration and mediation agreements.
Negotiating and drafting executive employment agreements, including negotiating restrictive covenant terms and working with our clients to develop compensation strategies, including stock options, rollover equity and other non-traditional compensation, that align with our clients’ business goals.
Advising and drafting severance agreements that comply with various state and federal laws, including the Older Workers’ Benefit Protection Act
Our attorneys have successfully provided these services to clients across a multitude of industries and across the nation.
News & Resources
News, Events, and Publications
- Joe Gagliardo to Discuss Enforceability of Arbitration Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Employee Rights at Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit on September 21, 202209.07.2022
- Andrew Goldberg Analyzes Enforceability of Employer Non-Compete Agreements in Chicago Lawyer Magazine08.25.2022
- Partners Heather Becker, Antonio Caldarone and Jeffrey Fowler to Share Important Updates to Employment Laws at Laner Muchin's Annual Employment Law Conference on May 18, 202204.19.2022
- Amber Cox Discusses Key Developments in Labor and Employment Laws and Strategies for Employers in 2021 and the Coming Year in a Recent Crain’s Chicago Business Labor and Employment Law Roundtable Discussion10.11.2021
- Laner Muchin Associate Elizabeth Rice Discusses New Illinois Employee Noncompete Clause Limits in Bloomberg Law News07.14.2021
- Amendments to the Illinois Freedom to Work Act Add Substantive Requirements and Limitations for Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation AgreementsElizabeth Rice, 06.21.2021
- Matthew Kellam, 09.13.2017
- Illinois Appellate Court Limits Employer's Discretion To Award Or Deny Bonuses Under Written Bonus PlanDavid Moore, 03.31.2015
- Illinois Courts Continue To Apply Fifield; Employers Should Closely Examine Non-Competes To Ensure Enforceability02.06.2015