Jeff joined Laner Muchin in 1994 as an associate and has been a partner at the Firm since 1998. He regularly litigates employment, employee benefits and labor matters, including employment contract disputes, post-employment restrictions, employment-related class and collective actions as well as discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. He also conducts employment-related corporate investigations in a variety of settings. Jeff also provides compliance-related and strategic advice on a broad range of labor and employment issues.
Jeff served in the United States Army, as well as serving as a police officer, prior to embarking on his legal career.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Member, John Marshall Law Review and National Moot Court Team
- Member and past chair of the Labor & Employment Committee, DuPage County Bar Association
- Member of National Board, Christian Legal Society
- Author, Rowe v. State Bank of Lombard: The Key to Unlocking a Landlord's Duty to Provide Security, 23 J. Marshall L. Rev. 131 (1989)
- Contributing author for American Law Reports and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Jeff handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Defending employers in class and collective action wage and hour matters.
Defending employers in class action claims brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Defending employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Defending employers involved in claims concerning leaves of absence or disability laws.
Defending employers in tort-based employment claims, such as breach of privacy, interference and emotional distress claims.
Representing employers in termination proceedings before local boards, such as Fire and Police Commissions.
Representing employers in claims alleging unfair labor practices before courts and administrative agencies.
Representing employers in administrative review and appeals involving labor and employment claims.
Representing employers in claims seeking pension fund contributions.
Representing employers in grievances and arbitrations.
Providing ongoing employment counseling advice to a variety of clients, including those in the manufacturing, transportation, medical, education and service industries. Such advice includes, but is not limited to, advising clients on claim prevention, discipline and terminations, compliance with leave of absence requirements, prevention of unfair competition, and regulatory compliance.
News & Published Articles
- Counseling and Transactional
- Labor Management Relations
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
The John Marshall Law School -- Chicago, J.D., summa cum laude, 1991
The University of Houston – Clear Lake, B.S., summa cum laude, 1987
- US. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Trial Bar, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 6th, 7th, 10th and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana