Eileen Momblanco and David Moore to Share Updates on I-9 Compliance and Military Leave Laws at the Illinois Government Finance Officers Association 2022 Payroll Seminar
Laner Muchin’s Eileen Momblanco and David Moore will present updates regarding employment eligibility verification and potential consequences for noncompliance, as well as an overview of state and federal laws for employers regarding military leave and reinstatements at the Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) 2022 Payroll Seminar on Tuesday, October 4 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Topics will include:
- Federal regulations covering Form I-9 compliance;
- Specific requirements of the Form I-9 process when hiring an individual and re-verifying expiring work authorization;
- Potential penalties for immigration law violations;
- State and federal laws regulating military leaves of absence;
- What to do before, during and after an employee requests a military leave of absence; and
- Tips on calculating and administering compensation and benefits during a military leave of absence.
For more information about the IGFOA and to register for the seminar, please visit https://www.igfoa.org/professional-development/event/3014/1/2022-payroll-seminar.
Laner Muchin, Ltd. concentrates in the representation of employers in labor relations, employment litigation, employee benefits and business immigration matters. The firm provides legal services to clients from coast to coast.