Eileen joined Laner Muchin in 2005 as an associate and has been a partner at the Firm since 2009. Eileen has devoted her career to the practice of immigration law; she has focused her practice on employment-based immigration law and has represented many large, multinational companies located throughout the U.S.
Eileen is currently the Chair of the Worksite Verification Committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Chicago Chapter. She also previously served on the Board of Directors for the Federal Bar Association, Chicago Chapter, and the National Liaison Committee for the Verification and Documentation Committee for the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Eileen has spoken on several panels covering various immigration-related topics such as I-9 Compliance, Worksite Enforcement and Nonimmigrant Visas for the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Crain’s Chicago Business named Eileen on their 2022 Notable Women in Law list.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATION
- Selected, Best Lawyers in America, 2024, Immigration Law
- Notable Women in Law 2022, Crain’s Chicago Business
- Selected, Leading Lawyer in Illinois, 2017, 2016, 2015, Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, the Chicago Bar Association
- Member, the Federal Bar Association
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Eileen handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Representing multinational corporations, medium-sized and emerging companies with respect to a wide range of business immigration issues: H-1B specialty occupation matters; treaty investor visas; intra-company transferees; as well as other nonimmigrant and permanent residence matters.
Conducting thorough business immigration case review, developing case strategy, preparing and submitting applications to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, a division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Submitting Applications for Permanent Employment Certification (ETA Form 9089) to the U.S. Department of Labor as part of the multi-stage application process for U.S. permanent residency.
Drafting responses to complex requests for evidence, ensuring minimal disruption to corporate client business and personnel demands.
Managing U.S. Department of Labor audits related to Applications for Permanent Employment Certification.
Advising human resources teams on immigration regulation compliance matters.
Providing advice to clients involved in acquiring other entities, including ensuring that due diligence on immigration-related employment issues is sufficiently thorough.
Representing clients with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigations.
Assisting clients with Form I-9 self-audits and advising regarding Form I-9 processes, best practices and training.
Advising clients regarding E-Verify and Social Security Number mismatch notices from federal and state agencies.
News, Events, and Publications
- Fifteen Laner Muchin Attorneys Listed Amongst Leaders in Their Field by The Best Lawyers in America 202408.17.2023
- Eileen Momblanco and David Moore to Share Updates on I-9 Compliance and Military Leave Laws at the Illinois Government Finance Officers Association 2022 Payroll Seminar10.03.2022
- Eileen Momblanco to Share Insights on the I-9 Audit Process for Employers at AILA Virtual Conference12.06.2021
- Partner Eileen Momblanco to Lead Panel Discussion on Business Immigration at the Upcoming 2021 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law06.11.2021
- Immigration Partner Eileen Momblanco Served as a Panelist at the American Immigration Lawyers Association Fall Employment-Based Conference11.08.2019
- Laner Muchin Attorneys Robert Bernstein, Antonio Caldarone and Eileen Momblanco Presented at the IICLE Employment Law Institute01.25.2019
- Laner Muchin Attorney Eileen Momblanco Presented at the 2018 AILA Employer Compliance and Worksite Enforcement CLE Conference08.16.2018
- Laner Muchin Attorney Eileen Momblanco Presented on “Navigating Worksite Enforcement Audits” to the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Chicago Bar Association05.31.2018
- Now is the Time to Start Preparing for the H-1B Cap Lottery for Foreign Students or International CandidatesEileen Momblanco and Lauren Cook, 01.19.2024
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.22.2023
- Important USCIS Update- Employers Should Act Now: Complete In-Person Physical I-9 Inspections and Update Forms I-9 Completed Virtually During COVID-19 PandemicEileen Momblanco, 05.22.2023
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security Announces Flexibility in Requirements Related to Form I-9 ComplianceEileen Momblanco , 03.27.2020
- Eileen Momblanco, 09.04.2018
- Eileen Momblanco, 03.16.2018
- New California Worksite Enforcement Law, Effective January 1, 2018, Restricts Employer Responses To ICE AgentsEileen Momblanco, 12.28.2017
- U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services Announces Increased Scrutiny For H-1B Visa And Other Work Visa ExtensionsEileen Momblanco, 12.27.2017
- Eileen Momblanco, 10.19.2017
- Eileen Momblanco, 09.13.2017
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.22.2017
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.22.2017
- Department Of Homeland Security Rescinds Program To Provide Deportation Relief Previously Enjoined By Federal CourtsEileen Momblanco, 06.23.2017
- U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services Publishes Final Rule Providing New Benefits For Certain Employment-Based Visa ProgramsEileen Momblanco, 01.30.2017
- New Version Of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, Required For Employers To Complete For All New Hires After January 22, 2017Eileen Momblanco, 12.19.2016
- Employers Could Face Scrutiny, Including From Immigration And Customs Enforcement, If They Cannot Produce Valid Social Security Numbers On 1095-C Health Insurance Forms For ACAEileen Momblanco and Wesley Covert, 11.29.2016
- New Proposed Immigration Rule Would Grant Temporary Status To International Entrepreneurs Looking To Start Companies In The United StatesEileen Momblanco, 09.30.2016
- U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services Issues Announcement About Using Form I-9: Continue To Use Existing Version Of Form For NowEileen Momblanco, 04.20.2016
- Eileen Momblanco, 03.29.2016
- New Law Impacts Certain Foreign Nationals Traveling To The United States As Visitors Under The Visa Waiver ProgramEileen Momblanco, 03.03.2016
- Purging of E-Verify Records Older Than Ten Years Every Year In January Necessitates The Use Of The Historic Records Report in E-VerifyEileen Momblanco, 11.18.2015
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Retracts Previous Announcement On Filing Of Final Green Card ApplicationsEileen Momblanco, 10.05.2015
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Announces New Procedures Which Will Allow a Significant Number of Individuals to File Final Green Card ApplicationsEileen Momblanco, 09.16.2015
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.24.2015
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.05.2015
- Eileen Momblanco, 07.01.2015
- Department of Homeland Security Announces New Employment Authorization Eligibility for Certain H-4 Spouses of H-1B Professional WorkersEileen Momblanco, 03.10.2015
- Now Is The Time To Initiate H-1B Cap Petitions For Foreign Students Or National Candidates Currently AbroadEileen Momblanco, 02.06.2015
- Eileen Momblanco, 01.20.2015
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1998
University of Michigan, B.A., Persuasive Communications, 1991