Jennifer defends private, non-profit and public sector employers in federal and state litigation, involving employment related claims, such as wage and hour, discrimination, disability, wrongful discharge, and breach of contract, and constitutional and municipal law violations.
In addition, Jennifer routinely advises clients on developing, improving and implementing preventative human resources strategies to minimize potential risks and assists clients to respond and resolve various employee issues on a daily basis.
Jennifer joined Laner Muchin in 1997, has been a partner since 2001, and serves on the firm's Executive Committee. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Naber served for eight years as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Labor and Employment Division of the Corporation Counsel’s Office of the City of Chicago.
In recognition of her exceptional legal work and efforts to mentor and promote fellow women, Jennifer was selected to Chicago Lawyer's Top Women in Law list in 2022. The 3rd annual list features 35 exceptional women leaders who have made a notable impact on their communities and the legal profession at large.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2024 for Labor Law - Management
- Honored in Chicago Lawyer Magazine's Top Women in Law List in 2022
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list by her peers every year since 2010, recognizing her to be in the top 5% of the attorneys practicing in the State of Illinois
- Selected by her peers, repeatedly, as a Leading Lawyer
- Member of the American, Federal, Illinois, and Chicago Bar Associations
- Member of the Board of Directors for Youth Guidance
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Jennifer handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Defending employers in single employee to complex class action wage and hour lawsuits, including prevailing at trial on a class claim for unpaid wages for off-duty cell phone usage. Jennifer also represents employers undergoing regulatory audits and conducts internal audits regarding their wage and hour practices.
Representing employers in employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, FMLA and failure to accommodate disability cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Investigating complaints of wrongdoing, including investigations of alleged harassment, retaliation, discrimination and other matters.
Counseling and advising clients on a daily basis on a variety of human resources topics, such as leaves of absences, requests for accommodations, wage and hour overtime classifications, and discipline, and also drafting and implementing employment policies compliant with the ever-changing applicable labor and employment laws.
Providing training and informational sessions both for clients and non-clients on employment related topics such as wage and hour laws, employment discrimination laws, personnel records and leaves of absence.
News, Events, and Publications
- Fifteen Laner Muchin Attorneys Listed Amongst Leaders in Their Field by The Best Lawyers in America 202408.17.2023
- “Recent Class Action Lawsuit Involving Yale University’s Wellness Program Is A Cautionary Tale For Employers,” Among The Most Popular Class Action Posts for all of 2019 on JD Supra12.24.2019
- Jennifer Naber, 09.17.2020
- Violet Clark, Jennifer Naber and William Wake , 06.22.2020
- Court Rules That Police Officers Transporting, Loading, And Storing Equipment Is Not Compensable “Work”Antonio Caldarone, 10.10.2019
- Recent Class Action Lawsuit Involving Yale University’s Wellness Program Is A Cautionary Tale For EmployersWesley Covert & Jennifer Naber, 08.22.2019
- Counseling and Transactional
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
Loyola University of Chicago, Juris Doctor Degree
DePaul University, Bachelor of Arts Degree
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit,
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan
- Northern District of Indiana
- Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois