Amber joined Laner Muchin in 2009 as an associate and has been a partner at the Firm since 2015. She regularly counsels clients on compliance-related and strategic issues arising under a broad range of federal, state and local employment laws.
Amber conducts employment-related corporate investigations in a variety of settings and frequently conducts supervisory training on a number of employment topics including maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free workplace; effective documentation and discipline; and positive employee relations.
Amber also represents employers in labor law matters including labor arbitrations, collective bargaining, representation cases and other proceedings before the NLRB.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Member, American Bar Association
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Amber handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Providing compliance-related and strategic advice to clients of all sizes in a variety of industries and jurisdictions.
Defending employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Conducting corporate investigations on behalf of employers on a broad range of topics, including investigations of alleged discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other matters.
Training executives and managers on a range of employment-related topics including maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free workplace, social media, hiring, background checks, effective documentation/discipline practices, effective labor relations strategy and a variety of other employment-related topics.
Obtaining workplace protection restraining orders on behalf of employers.
News, Events, and Publications
- Laner Muchin Partner Amber L. Cox Provides Insight on Current Illinois Cannabis Laws at ABA’s Fall Business Law Meeting09.08.2023
- Amber Cox Discusses Key Developments in Labor and Employment Laws and Strategies for Employers in 2021 and the Coming Year in a Recent Crain’s Chicago Business Labor and Employment Law Roundtable Discussion10.11.2021
- Partners Amber Cox and Mark Bennett to Discuss Important Updates to Employment laws, Regulations and Requirements at Laner Muchin's Annual Employment Law Virtual Conference on June 24, 202106.24.2021
- Amber Cox, 01.09.2019
- Amber Cox, 02.22.2018
- Amber Cox, 10.30.2017
- Amber Cox, 12.19.2016
- NLRB General Counsel Requests To Expand Worker Protections Regarding Intermittent Or Partial StrikesAmber Cox, 11.29.2016
- NLRB Rules That Employers Must Give Union Opportunity To Bargain Over Discretionary Discipline For Employees Represented By A Union But Not Yet Covered By A Collective Bargaining AgreementAmber Cox, 09.30.2016
- Seventh Circuit Rules Sexual Orientation Discrimination Not Protected By Title VII, But Ruling Has Little Overall ImpactAmber Cox, 09.12.2016
- Amber Cox, 07.14.2016
- Counseling and Transactional
- Labor Management Relations
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington, J.D., 2006
Indiana University – Bloomington, B.A., Criminal Justice and Psychology, 2003
- Indiana Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana