Amber Cox Discusses Key Developments in Labor and Employment Laws and Strategies for Employers in 2021 and the Coming Year in a Recent Crain’s Chicago Business Labor and Employment Law Roundtable Discussion
Laner Muchin Partner Amber L. Cox provided a detailed analysis on significant employment law developments in 2021 and strategies for employers to prepare for anticipated changes in 2022 in a recent Crain’s Chicago Business Roundtable Discussion on Labor and Employment Law.
In this discussion, Amber examined key employment law changes over the past year and important considerations heading into 2022, including:
- Significant changes to Illinois employment laws in 2021
- The Equal Pay Act and ramifications for employers and businesses
- Considerations for employers regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- Employee accommodations in the pandemic era
- Illinois’ Freedom to Work Act and compliance with the new restrictive covenant law
- Remote work, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Employment law trainings for management and employees
- Anticipated employment law changes in 2022
To read Amber’s full analysis in Crain’s Labor and Employment Law Roundtable Discussion, click here.
Amber’s practice focuses on counseling clients on compliance-related and strategic issues arising under a broad range of federal, state and local employment laws as well as defending employers in employment disputes. She conducts employment-related corporate investigations in a variety of settings and frequently conducts supervisory training on employment topics such as maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free workplace, effective documentation and discipline and positive employee relations.
Firm Profile: Laner Muchin, Ltd. concentrates exclusively in the representation of employers in labor relations, employment litigation, employee benefits and business immigration matters. The firm provides legal services to clients from coast to coast.