David Moore Discusses Vaccine Mandates in Chicago SHRM Great Debate Series
On Wednesday, December 8, Laner Muchin Partner David Moore shared insights on COVID-19 vaccination mandates at the Chicago Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Great Debate Series – Part 1.
Dave and his fellow panelists discussed legal issues pertaining to COVID-19 testing and vaccine mandates, including:
- The status of OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS), Executive Order (EO) for government contractors and Medicare and Medicaid ETS litigation
- Options for employers not subject to federal or state mandates, as well as employers operating in states that have limited employer rights to implement vaccine mandates
- Payment responsibilities for the vaccine, employee recovery time and COVID-19 tests
- Permissible alternatives to vaccination
- Navigating disability and religious accommodation requests to be exempted from the vaccine mandate
In addition to the legal issues discussed, a panel of senior human resource executives from companies including Tyson Foods, Chicago Botanic Garden, Thresholds, and Alverno Clinical Laboratories shared their experiences implementing vaccine mandates among their workforces.
Learn more about the Chicago SHRM Great Debate Series here.
Dave focuses his practice on substantial-exposure employment litigation matters along with representing and counseling employers in labor relations. Outside of his client work, Dave serves on the Chicago SHRM chapter’s legislative committee and hosts frequent SHRM roundtables for human resource professionals.
Laner Muchin Ltd. concentrates in the representation of employers in labor relations, employment litigation, employee benefits and business immigration matters. The firm provides legal services to clients from coast to coast.