Laner Muchin Partner Andrew S. Goldberg Presented on Heightened Awareness in the Workplace
Chicago, IL – Laner Muchin Partner Andrew S. Goldberg presented on “Heightened Awareness in the Workplace,” hosted by Chicago RIMS at RIMS’ March Meeting held at the A.J. Gallagher & Co. Offices in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The seminar focused on the heightened awareness of workplace issues; sexual harassment, equal pay, hostile work environment, etc. and the impact such may have on employers across Illinois and the nation. The seminar covered:
- What happens if the CEO or investors are accused of wrong doing?
- How is the accuser being treated?
- Was a full investigation completed or was there pressure to act fast?
- Should our training be re-evaluated?
- Is there a process in place that differentiates between employees and contractor employees?
- Is the open office environment bringing more complaints?
- Is my company asking people about compensation during the interview process?
Goldberg advises clients on how to navigate state, local and federal employment laws. He helps clients develop strategies on resolving complex employee relations issues in matters such as reasonable accommodations under the nation’s various disability laws, compliance with the nation’s various sick day and leave laws and hiring strategies in light of the many laws governing what information an employer may consider.
Laner Muchin Ltd. concentrates in the representation of employers in labor relations, employment litigation, employee benefits and business immigration matters. The firm provides business legal services to clients from coast to coast. For more information on our firm and our services, visit www.lanermuchin.com.