Upon graduating law school in 1989, Scott joined the National Labor Relations Board as a trial attorney. While working for the NLRB in Chicago, Scott’s litigation results were consistently among the top within the United States, never having lost a case and earning him two merit awards in his three years working for the NLRB. Scott joined Laner Muchin, in 1995 and then became a Partner in 1998.
Scott has represented management in numerous cases before federal and state courts, administrative agencies and arbitrators. He has argued successfully before the 7th Circuit on numerous occasions. Scott has also lectured and advised employers concerning a wide range of labor topics including collective bargaining, union election campaigns and NLRB matters. In 2023, Crain’s Chicago Business named Scott on their Notable Leaders in Employment and Labor Law list.
Scott has served as counsel to many public and privately owned corporations including national waste disposal companies, the State of Illinois, one of the largest mortgage companies in America and numerous employers in Chicago’s produce industry and Chicago’s construction industry.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND PUBLICATIONS
- Honored in Best Lawyers in America 2024 for Labor Law - Management
- Notable Leader in Employment and Labor Law 2023, Crain’s Chicago Business
- Named as one of the top 100 lawyers in America on numerous occasions
- Leading Lawyer for labor and employment law from 2014 to the present
- Recognized on Illinois Super Lawyers list
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Scott handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Negotiating collective bargaining agreements for bargaining units from 4 to approximately 37,000 employees under the framework of the National Labor Relations Board, the Illinois Labor Relations Board, and the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board.
Defending employers before various labor relations boards in complex unfair labor practice and representation cases.
Providing labor and employment-related advice to a wide range of clients from small private sector entities to large private and public entities; advising on matters of collective bargaining; compliance with FMLA, ADA and other employment statutes; advising on matters of employee discipline and termination, employment contracts, policies, handbooks, and related matters.
Defending employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before administrative agencies.
Representing employers in the 7th Circuit on matters originating in various labor relations boards.
Providing training to executives and managers on a range of labor and employment-related topics including collective bargaining, union avoidance, discrimination and harassment, hiring, effective documentation and discipline practices and a variety of other labor and employment-related topics.
News, Events, and Publications
- Scott Gore and Christina Wernick Selected as Notable Leaders in Employment and Labor Law 2023 by Crain’s Chicago Business11.20.2023
- Fifteen Laner Muchin Attorneys Listed Amongst Leaders in Their Field by The Best Lawyers in America 202408.17.2023
Indiana University, 1986
Case Western Reserve, J.D., Cum Laude, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit