Title IX Regulations Checklist
The new Title IX regulations go into effect this Friday, August 14, 2020. As the deadline is around the corner, make sure you have completed the following:
- Identified your Title IX Coordinator, Investigators, and Decision-makers;
- Created new Title IX sex discrimination, and sexual harassment policies and procedures, and updated all related handbooks or codes of conduct;
- Received training on the new regulations (Title IX Coordinator, Investigators, Decision-makers, those involved in any informal resolution process, and all K-12 employees);
- Updated your website with the new policies and procedures, Title IX Coordinator contact information, and training materials;
- Ensured you have a centralized recordkeeping system in place;
- Provided notice to parents/guardians about the new Title IX policy and procedures, and the Title IX Coordinator’s contact information;
- Created templates for all notice requirements, investigation report, and responsibility determination; and
- Created opening and closing file checklists to ensure compliance with the new regulations.
Please contact your Laner Muchin attorney if you are in need of compliance ahead of this deadline.