Marron joined Laner Muchin as Of Counsel in 2022 and became a partner at the Firm in 2024. She concentrates her practice on representing public and private sector employers in numerous areas of labor and employment law, including collective bargaining negotiations, grievances, investigations and employment counseling.
Prior to joining Laner Muchin, Marron was the Chief Legal Counsel for the Will County Executive’s Office and the General Counsel and Chief of Staff for the Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice, where she gained experience in collective bargaining negotiations, grievance resolutions and employment counseling. She has also practiced at Am Law 50 law firms and has argued in the Illinois Appellate Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Additionally, Marron served as a judicial law clerk for Judge Sharon Prost of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Judge James Holderman of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and Justice Laura Liu of the Illinois Appellate Court, First District.
Marron also is a moot court coach at Loyola Law School, where she previously taught legal writing as an adjunct professor.
Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Star and Super Lawyer
- Illinois State Bar Association Board of Governors Award, 2014
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section Council
- Member, Richard Linn Inn of Court
- Member, Illinois Bar Foundation, Lawyers Care Committee
- Articles Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- President, Appellate Lawyers Association
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Marron handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Advising employers on employee discipline and termination, employment contracts, policies, handbooks and related matters.
Providing training to executives and managers on a range of labor and employment-related topics including collective bargaining, discrimination and harassment and employee discipline.
Conducting corporate investigations on behalf of employers, including investigations involving allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Defending employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Counseling employers on numerous federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
News, Events, and Publications
- Marron Mahoney, 02.28.2023
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2007
- University of Illinois, B.A., Economics, magna cum laude, 2004
- University of Illinois, B.A., English and Finance, magna cum laude, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois