Our attorneys provide clients with support and strategic counseling from an immigration law perspective in connection with Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance, and investigations initiated by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. We provide assistance to corporations in ensuring their Form I-9 and E-Verify processes meet federal regulations and we provide representation to clients in ICE investigations.
Below is a representative example of the types of services we provide our clients in connection with Form I-9 and E-Verify counseling and representation in ICE audits:
Advising clients on Form I-9 self-audits, electronic I-9 systems, I-9 processes, policies and training. We routinely review our clients’ Form I-9 files and processes for compliance, to ensure that clients are following good business practices and have an effective re-verification process in place.
Providing counseling to clients regarding E-Verify enrollment and the E-Verify process for new hires, for both federal contractors and private employers
Representing clients with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and other government agency worksite enforcement activities (i.e., I-9 audits, administrative subpoenas and other investigations and proceedings)
Advising clients on Social Security Number mismatch letters including notifications from state agencies, the Social Security Administration, the Internal Revenue Service and in relation to the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Our attorneys have successfully provided these services to clients across a multitude of industries, ranging from small companies to large, multinational companies in technology, manufacturing, food production and professional services sectors.
News & Resources
- New California Worksite Enforcement Law, Effective January 1, 2018, Restricts Employer Responses To ICE AgentsEileen Momblanco, 12.28.2017
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.22.2017
- Department Of Homeland Security Rescinds Program To Provide Deportation Relief Previously Enjoined By Federal CourtsEileen Momblanco, 06.23.2017
- New Version Of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, Required For Employers To Complete For All New Hires After January 22, 2017Eileen Momblanco, 12.19.2016
- Employers Could Face Scrutiny, Including From Immigration And Customs Enforcement, If They Cannot Produce Valid Social Security Numbers On 1095-C Health Insurance Forms For ACAEileen Momblanco and Wesley Covert, 11.29.2016
- U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services Releases E-Verify Compliance Activities For Fiscal Year 2015Eileen Momblanco, 07.14.2016
- U.S. Citizenship And Immigration Services Issues Announcement About Using Form I-9: Continue To Use Existing Version Of Form For NowEileen Momblanco, 04.20.2016
- Eileen Momblanco, 03.29.2016
- Purging of E-Verify Records Older Than Ten Years Every Year In January Necessitates The Use Of The Historic Records Report in E-VerifyEileen Momblanco, 11.18.2015
- Eileen Momblanco, 08.05.2015