Kiran joined Laner Muchin in 2023 and concentrates her practice in private and public sector employment litigation.
Kiran has experience working with employers on a wide range of complex legal issues, including handling claims brought under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and the FLSA. Kiran is also well-versed in representing employers in cases at the EEOC, DOL, and state and local agencies. Furthermore, Kiran has experience in all aspects of pretrial litigation in both state and federal court, including counseling clients though discovery, motion practice, as well as settlement conferences and mediations.
Prior to joining Laner Muchin, Kiran worked as an associate at a boutique employment law firm in the greater Chicago area. She also previously worked at a full-service midsize law firm in the greater Chicago area, focusing on litigation, first as a law clerk and later as an associate.
Kiran earned her J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law in Urbana-Champaign. While in law school, Kiran served as the Women’s Law Society President for the 2017-2018 academic year.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Illinois Federation of Business and Professional Women’s Celia M. Howard Fellowship (2017)
- Women’s Bar Foundation of Illinois Scholarship (2018)
- Artemus Ward, Christina Dwyer, and Kiranjit Gill, Bonus Babies Escape Golden Handcuffs: How Money and Politics Has Transformed The Career Paths of Supreme Court Law Clerks, 98 MARQ. L. REV. 227 (2014).
- Kiran Gill, 08.22.2023
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2019
- Northern Illinois University, B.A., 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois