Katherine joined Laner Muchin in 2022 and concentrates her practice in private and public sector employment litigation.
Katherine has experience working with clients on a wide range of complex legal issues, including handling claims brought under the FMLA, Title VII, ADA and the FLSA. Katherine is also well-versed in representing clients in cases at the EEOC and state and local agencies. Furthermore, Katherine has experience in all aspects of pretrial litigation, including counseling clients though discovery, motion practice, as well as settlement conferences and mediations.
Prior to joining Laner Muchin, Katherine worked at several boutique law firms in Chicago focusing on employment litigation, first as a law clerk and later as an associate, where she gained experience handling a myriad of employment litigation cases. Katherine’s prior experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants allows her to analyze complex legal issues through different lenses.
Katherine earned her J.D. from Chicago-Kent College of Law where she also graduated with a certificate in Alternative Dispute-Resolution and Workplace Litigation. While in law school, she was an active member of the Moot Court Honor Society, where she served as Vice President for the 2018-2019 academic year and received an award for Second Best Oral Advocate at the Evans A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition. She also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Diane J. Larsen of the Circuit Court of Cook County. Katherine also received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy I and was named to the Dean’s List each semester.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Second Best Oral Advocate, Evans. A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, Madison, WI, 2018.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy I.
- Best Overall Advocate, Andrews Academy of the Advocate, School of the Appeal, Study Abroad Program, St. Andrews, Scotland, 2018.
- Member, Chicago Bar Association.
News, Events, and Publications
- Chicago-Kent College of Law J.D., 2019
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois