Jeremy Edelson Discusses Employer-Mandated COVID-19 Vaccinations at the 7th Annual Career Schools Private Education Network Conference
Laner Muchin Partner Jeremy Edelson presented on COVID-19 vaccination mandates at the Career Schools Private Education Network (CSPEN) 7th Annual Conference on August 17 in Chicago. The four-day conference brought together various professionals to explore current topics and discuss ways to help make schools, employees, students and communities benefit going forward.
As employers continue to navigate individual workplace policies and procedures as the pandemic evolves, questions arise on best practices when considering the COVID-19 vaccine to protect their workers and the related implications of such directives. In his presentation, Jeremy provided clarification and guidance on the following topics:
- Legality of an employee vaccination requirement and alternatives to mandating vaccines
- EEOC guidance on mandating the COVID-19 vaccine
- Disability exceptions under the ADA
- Considerations for requiring COVID-19 testing for unvaccinated employees
- Religious exceptions and other anti-discrimination considerations
- Implementing mask mandates and other protective measures
- Employer trends on COVID-19 protocols
- Litigation risks associated with mandatory vaccinations
- Practical considerations and best practices
Jeremy counsels and defends employers with regard to numerous state and federal labor and employment laws, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Illinois Human Rights Act. Jeremy also represents unionized employers in collective bargaining, grievance administration, arbitration and mediation. In addition, Jeremy drafts and reviews employment contracts, employee handbooks and personnel policies, and trains management on discrimination and harassment matters.
Firm Profile: Laner Muchin, Ltd. concentrates exclusively in the representation of employers in labor relations, employment litigation, employee benefits and business immigration matters. The firm provides legal services to clients from coast to coast.