Antonio Caldarone Presented on Pay Equity Claims at the 28th National Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Chicago, IL – Antonio Caldarone presented on pay equity claims at the 28th National Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance on January 29, 2020 New York.
Antonio spoke on “Pay Equity Claims – The Unwritten Lessons of Recent Defense Wins/Losses on Gender Discrimination Cases, Settlements and Transparency of Pay Disparities.”
Topics covered included:
- Defending and covering pay equity claims intermingled with gender discrimination: New trends affecting your strategy moving forward
- Adjusting company policies in light of new laws passed in different jurisdictions: Revising interview questions and employment forms on prior salary history
- Understanding the fine line between equal pay for high-wage earners vs. other types of employees
- Keeping score: Defense wins and losses-and their untold lessons
- Settlement calculus: Weighing the risk-benefits of settlement vs. going to trial
Antonio regularly litigates substantial-exposure employment and class action litigation matters. In addition, his practice involves preventative counseling both public and private employers on a variety of day-to-day employment issues, such as terminations, accommodations under the ADA, FMLA compliance with federal and state wage hour laws, and drafting arbitration and other employment agreements.
American Conference Institute (ACI), wholly owned by the global C5 Group, has been at the forefront of business intelligence provision since its inception. The company hosts conferences, summits and executive briefings attended by top tier delegates and industry-leading speakers.
Laner Muchin, Ltd. concentrates exclusively in the representation of employers in labor relations, employment litigation, employee benefits and business immigration matters. For more information on our firm and our services, visit www.lanermuchin.com.