Priya joined the firm as an associate who defends public and private sector employers against wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims.
In addition to her litigation practice, Priya counsels clients on day-to-day employment issues that arise in the workplace. She conducts trainings on best practices to prevent discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, “The Supreme Court Says Class Action Waivers Are Enforceable, But Are Arbitration Agreements Right For Your Organization?" Chicago SHRM, June 25, 2018
- Chicago Bar Association
Staff Editor of The John Marshall Law Review
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Priya handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Defends employers in class action wage and hour cases.
Defends employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Conducts investigations on behalf of employers on a broad-range of topics, including investigations of alleged harassment, retaliation, discrimination, and other matters.
Provides training to managers on a range of employment-related topics including leave and disability, discrimination and harassment, social media, hiring, background checks, effective documentation/discipline practices, and a variety of other employment-related topics.
Advises employers on compliance matters involving state and federal employment laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, National Labor Relations Act, the Illinois Human Rights Act, Illinois Minimum Wage Law, and the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Counsels clients on methods to maintain workplaces free of discrimination and harassment, including drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and policies.
News, Events, and Publications
- The Supreme Court Says Class Action Waivers Are Enforceable, But Are Arbitration Agreements Right For Your Organization?Chicago SHRM, 06.25.2018
- Matthew Kellam and Priya Reddy , 06.03.2019
- Counseling and Transactional
- Labor Management Relations
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
The John Marshall Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2014.
Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, B.A. Finance
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois