Priya joined the Firm as an associate in 2016. She regularly counsels public and private sector employers on a broad array of day-to-day employment issues, such as hiring, background checks, discipline, terminations, accommodations, and FMLA. Priya’s approach is to assist employers in minimizing their liability by providing strategic advice while ensuring compliance with applicable laws through client counseling and the development of policies and procedures. In addition, she conducts trainings on best practices to prevent discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace. Priya also works with clients to develop human resources risk assessment tools and performs human resource policy and procedure audits.
In addition, Priya defends public and private sector employers against wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. She represents employers before state and federal courts as well as governmental agencies such as the Illinois Department of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Priya also represents employers in labor law matters including grievance resolutions, labor arbitrations, and collective bargaining.
Prior to joining the Firm, Priya worked for a small business providing management and human resource guidance. For nearly a decade, she also worked at one of the world’s largest human resources outsourcing companies as a business analyst, systems analyst, and project manager of a group of forty individuals across the globe. She now utilizes the firsthand experience of the labor and employment challenges that employers, both large and small, face in her practice.
- Author, “The Supreme Court Says Class Action Waivers Are Enforceable, But Are Arbitration Agreements Right For Your Organization?" Chicago SHRM, June 25, 2018
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Priya handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Defends employers in class action wage and hour cases.
Defends employers in employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Conducts investigations on behalf of employers on a broad-range of topics, including investigations of alleged harassment, retaliation, discrimination, and other matters.
Provides training to managers on a range of employment-related topics including leave and disability, discrimination and harassment, social media, hiring, background checks, effective documentation/discipline practices, and a variety of other employment-related topics.
Advises employers on compliance matters involving state and federal employment laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, National Labor Relations Act, the Illinois Human Rights Act, Illinois Minimum Wage Law, and the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Counsels clients on methods to maintain workplaces free of discrimination and harassment, including drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and policies.
News, Events, and Publications
- Violet Clark & Priya Reddy Presented on Hot Legal Employment Updates at the South Suburban Cook HRA Meeting02.21.2020
- The Supreme Court Says Class Action Waivers Are Enforceable, But Are Arbitration Agreements Right For Your Organization?ChicagoSHRM Blog, 06.25.2018
- Priya Reddy , 11.14.2019
- Priya Reddy , 10.14.2019
- Court Rules That Police Officers Transporting, Loading, And Storing Equipment Is Not Compensable “Work”Antonio Caldarone, 10.10.2019
- Matthew Kellam & Priya Reddy , 07.30.2019
- Matthew Kellam and Priya Reddy , 06.03.2019
- Counseling and Transactional
- Labor Management Relations
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
The John Marshall Law School, J.D., cum laude, (Law Review Staff Editor), 2014.
Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, B.A. Finance
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois