Prior to joining the predecessor firm to Laner Muchin, Ltd. in 1982, Mike worked as a field examiner for the National Labor Relations Board in Atlanta, Georgia. He also worked as a research assistant to Labor Arbitrator Stephen Goldberg. Mike became a partner in 1988, and has served as labor counsel to numerous manufacturing and service companies in the private sector, as well as to public sector employers.
His areas of legal expertise include labor arbitration, collective bargaining, union election campaigns and other proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, employment discrimination, employment contracts, wage and hour matters, and other employment-related issues. Mike has extensive experience in training management personnel on legal and practical labor relations topics, and conducting seminars on such issues.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Named one of the Leading Lawyers in Illinois, based on a statewide survey of lawyers. Leading Lawyers comprise less than 5% of all lawyers in the state
- Selected as one of the “Top One Hundred Labor Attorneys in America,” by Labor Relations Institute (LRI), which rates him in the top one percent of over 8700 labor attorneys in the LRI database
- Member of the Chicago Bar Association
- Member of the Illinois Bar Association
- Member of the Dartmouth Lawyers Association
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Mike handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Represents management in labor arbitrations.
Negotiates labor contracts for management.
Represents management in union election campaigns and other labor proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
Provides counseling in wage and hour matters.
Conducts labor relations training/seminars for management.
Drafts employment contracts.
- Counseling and Transactional
- Labor Management Relations
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
Dartmouth College, A.B in Psychology and Education, cum laude
Northwestern University. J.D., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh
- District of Columbia Circuits
- Illinois Supreme Court