Matthew Guerrero joined Laner Muchin in 2023. Coming from the Chicago Park District and having worked as an Assistant Labor Relations Council for the State of Illinois, Matthew brings to the firm a strong foundation in traditional public sector labor law. His experience includes collective bargaining negotiations and grievance arbitrations, as well as filings with the Illinois Labor Relations Board to request inclusion of unit clarification petitions and unfair labor practice charges.
Matthew also has experience representing employers before administrative agencies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Illinois Department of Human Rights. Before these agencies, he has defended against a wide array of employment discrimination claims.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS, PUBLICATIONS
- Associate, Chicago-Kent Law Review
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., 2019
- University of Iowa, B.A., Theatre Arts, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois