Mark began his career as an attorney-advisor with the Interstate Commerce Commission, Washington, D.C. Thereafter, he practiced as a trial attorney with the National Labor Relations Board, St. Louis, Missouri from 1976 through 1980. He became associated with the predecessor firm to Laner Muchin, Ltd. in 1980 and became a partner in 1984. He became Of Counsel to the Firm in 2013. He is a chapter author of Labor Law For The General Practitioner published by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and a contributing author to the Developing Labor Law.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- AV Peer Rating Martindale Hubble
- Selected as an “Illinois Super Lawyer” in labor and employment law
- Selected as an “Illinois Leading Lawyer” in labor law (management)
- Member, American Bar Association, serves on Committee on Development of Law under the National Labor Relations Act and the Labor Law Committee
- National Commission of the Anti-Defamation League and Past Chairman of the Chicago Midwest Region of Anti-Defamation League
For over 40 years Mark has served labor counsel for numerous private and public employers throughout the country:
Negotiating labor contracts.
Providing labor relations counseling.
Representing management in labor arbitrations.
- Counseling and Transactional
- EEO and Other Corporate Investigations
- Employee Handbooks, Personnel Policies and Procedures
- Employment Counseling
- Labor Market/Site Surveys
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Non-Compete, Executive Employment and Other Agreements
- OSHA, EEO and Other Training Programs
- Plant Closings, Mass Layoffs, WARN Act
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Audits
- Labor Management Relations
Washington University, College of Law, J.D. 1975
Miami University (Oxford, Ohio), B.A. Economics (with honors) 1972
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia