Jolianne joined Laner Muchin in 2021 and concentrates her practice in employment law.
She brings to the firm’s practice, a dynamic and diverse perspective, which stems from her years of experience in practicing employment law as an in-house counsel, and as both a plaintiff’s and defense attorney. She has extensive experience counseling clients on employee relations issues arising under the Illinois Human Rights Act and Title VII, as well as other employment-related statutes. She also has significant experience litigating claims at the administrative, trial, and appellate levels, and has argued before the Illinois Supreme Court on a novel issue pertaining to disability discrimination/"disability harassment" under Illinois law.
She is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and serves as an Editor on its Editorial Board. She is also the Chair of the DCBA Labor & Employment Committee for the year 2020-2021. Jolianne has been a top-rated Rising Star Super Lawyer for three consecutive years, from 2019 through to the present date.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Avvo Top Rated Lawyer
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars: 2019-Present
- Author, “Being Locked Up Does Not Mean Being Locked Out From Medical Care,” DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 29, No.1, Sep. 2016.
- Author, “Court Affirms that “Disability Harassment” Constitutes Unlawful Discrimination: A Confirmation that Certain Truths are Self-Evident,” DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 29, No. 4, Dec. 2016.
- Author, “Court Affirms that “Disability Harassment” Constitutes Unlawful Discrimination: A Confirmation that Certain Truths are Self-Evident,” Illinois State Bar Association Labor & Employment Law, Vol. 54, No. 4, Mar. 2017.
- Author, “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Pre-Litigation Strategies from a Plaintiff’s Perspective,” DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 30, No. 7, Mar. 2018.
- Author, “Changing the Way We Do Business: Wave of New Labor & Employment Laws Crashing Down Soon," DuPage County Bar Association Brief, Vol. 32, No. 5, Jan. 2020.
- Loyola University Chicago, J.D., 2013
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.S., (Biological Sciences), 2009
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois