Darin joined Laner Muchin in 2016 and is a partner at the Firm. He represents public and private sector employers before state and federal courts and government agencies in areas including public labor relations, employment discrimination, civil rights, wage and hour, and employment-based contract and torts.
HONORS, MEMBERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Vice Chair, Raising the Bar Subcommittee
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Chapter of the American Bar Association
- Author, Comment, Tinker Operationalized: The Judiciary's Practical Answer to Student Cyberspeech, 62 DePaul L. Rev. 125 (2012)
- Co-Author, "Carving at the Joint": The Precise Function of Rule 23(c)(4), 62 DePaul L. Rev. 745 (2013)
Below are representative samples of the types of matters Darin handles on behalf of Laner Muchin clients:
Defends employers in single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class action employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and whistleblower cases before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Defends employers in cases brought under the Illinois Public Labor Relations Act.
Defends employers in class action wage and hour matters.
Defends and pursues federal and state appeals.
Conducts corporate investigations on behalf of employers on a broad-range of topics, including investigations of alleged harassment, retaliation, discrimination and other matters.
Provides ongoing employment counseling advice to a variety of clients, including, but not limited to, advising clients in best practices to manage employment-related risks and maintain workplaces free of discrimination and harassment.
News, Events, and Publications
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 02.20.2020
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 11.06.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 08.08.2019
- Defense Research Institute in Raising the Bar, the newsletter of DRI’s Young Lawyers Committe, 10.08.2018
- Laner Muchin Attorney Darin Williams Authors Article on “The Impact of Emojis on Employment Litigation”10.08.2018
- Darin Williams, 07.19.2021
- Darin Williams, 02.22.2021
- Darin Williams and Antonio Caldarone, 11.24.2020
- Darin M. Williams, 06.17.2020
- Heather Becker, Antonio Caldarone, Wesley Covert, Andrew Goldberg, William Wake, Darin Williams, 03.27.2020
- Darin Williams, 03.22.2020
- William Wake & Darin Williams, 03.20.2020
- Recent Appellate Court Decision Explains How Arbitration Agreements May Mitigate The Impact Of Class Actions On EmployersDarin Williams, 02.17.2020
- Darin Williams, 11.12.2019
- Darin Williams, 07.23.2019
- Darin Williams , 07.16.2019
- Darin Williams, 06.03.2019
- Darin Williams, 01.08.2019
- Amendments To The Illinois Human Rights Act May Increase State Court Discrimination Litigation In 2019Darin Williams, 01.04.2019
- Darin Williams, 01.03.2019
- Darin Williams, 11.08.2018
- Darin Williams, 09.04.2018
- Darin Williams, 03.12.2018
- Darin Williams, 11.30.2017
- Darin Williams, 09.13.2017
- Counseling and Transactional
- Private and Public Sector Employment Litigation
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
Rice University, B.A., Philosophy & English, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit