Liz Rice joined Laner Muchin as an associate in 2019, after serving as a law clerk for the Firm. She focuses her practice in litigation and labor matters.
During law school, Liz was a member of the University of Illinois Law Review, participated in the Williams Institute Moot Court Competition as a member of the University of Illinois College of law moot court team, received advanced training in trial advocacy through the Mirza Trial Academy at Winston & Strawn, LLP, and served as a student attorney in the Domestic Violence Immigration Clinic at the University of Illinois College of Law.
Prior to joining the Firm, Liz spent a summer as an intern in the Labor & Employment Division of the Chicago Transit Authority’s legal department, where she drafted motions, briefs, and other filings for employment discrimination matters under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Title VII.
Liz spent the previous summer as an extern for the Honorable John C. Griffin of the Illinois Appellate Court, and the Honorable Carl Anthony Walker of the Illinois Appellate Court.
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
Honors & Recognitions
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Advanced Trial Advocacy and Professional Responsibility
- Deadline Fast Approaching: Illinois Law Requires that All Employees Receive Sexual Harassment Training by December 31, 2020Elizabeth Rice, 11.24.2020
- Elizabeth Rice, 08.17.2020
- Elizabeth Rice, 08.12.2020
- Antonio Caldarone & Elizabeth Rice, 03.09.2020