Alexandra McNicholas joined Laner Muchin as an associate in 2019. She focuses her practice in litigation matters.
Prior to joining Laner Muchin, Alexandra practiced at an Am Law100 firm where she focused on complex commercial litigation matters, routinely litigating and assisting clients in the resolution of disputes in federal and state courts across the country.
Alexandra completed a Public Interest Law Initiative fellowship with Northwestern University's Bluhm Legal Clinic Center for Criminal Defense. During law school, Alexandra served as a vice president of the Chicago-Kent Moot Court Honor Society and as a notes and comments editor of the Chicago-Kent Law Review.
Additionally, Alexandra externed for the Honorable Ann Claire Williams of the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and for the Honorable Elizabeth Budzinski of the Circuit Court of Cook County. Alexandra worked as a corporate paralegal at both a law firm and a hedge fund.
publications & memberships
- Co-author, Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law, Volume 24-3, Eviction Court and a Judicial Duty of Inquiry (2016)
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, PILI Young Alumni Leadership Council
News, Events, and Publications
- The Supreme Court Affirms the “but-for” Causation Standard in Certain Discrimination Statutory FrameworksAlexandra McNicholas, 09.21.2020
- Peter Gillespie and Alexandra McNicholas, 08.02.2019
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois